Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Today was a big day for our family. My oldest went to his first day of preschool. Yes, I cried but not in an embarrassing kind of way. He was so excited and very ready for this day.


My husband and I dropped him off after he showed us his cubical and wrote his name on his white board. He ran off to play and waved good bye. (sniff, sniff)

I spent the morning with my daughter painting her nails, going to the bank and reading books. It was very, VERY quiet in my house.

We came to pick him up and he ran to the teacher saying "She's here, she's here - where is her card?!" (start to get teary eyed here)

They gave us cards based on the book The Kissing Hand.
That sucker is getting framed!

His teacher said he got a tears in his eyes when he realized we were gone and he didn't get to say goodbye but he recovered quickly and was back to playing again. On the way home he told me EVERYTHING and I feel really lucky since I hear so many stories about kids not sharing what happened in school. He gave me a blow by blow of the whole morning, it was wonderful. He made friends with the boy in the white shirt, they read books, played in the rice table, made cards (he picked the color red) and went on the playground. 
When we got home we completed this free printable interview for the first day back to school. My favorite question/answer:
My favorite thing about myself: My heart! 

That is my favorite thing about him too!

1 comments:

Jeanette said... Reply to comment

Oh, how sweet! Yay for Max! Thanks for the great link. I downloaded the Pdfs for both of my kiddos. I picked up a scrap book to start for Evan on sale at Michael's yesterday! This will be perfect in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...