There was a Christmas massacre at my house, I am not going to lie - it isn't pretty. At least that is what I think my sugar cookies look like this year. I tried to pipe icing with white and then flood the inside with red but apparently I made it too runny and a bloodbath ensued. Rather than try and fix it I just went with it and hoped the sprinkles would help make them look more festive. Little Man and I had a pretty good time making this mess.
Not sure if she would want the credit or not but I got the frosting recipe from i am baker, and it is tasty and I am sure in more capable hands (i.e. someone that can follow directions) it would have worked great.
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar (powder Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 drop Lemon Juice (fresh Or Processed)-this is optional
- 1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
More dinosaurs. We normally use these for Playdoh but thought what would scream Christmas more than a festively decorated Stegosaurus and Pteranodon.
The cookies taste amazing. Here is the recipe I used.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
2 medium eggs
10 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Then add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator till firm or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough 1/4-1/2-inch thickness and cut out into desired shape.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly pale golden--not brown.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.