Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rusty

I do remember how to log into my blogger account still!

Things here are still as busy as ever. I am helping my best friend work on getting her family's new business up and running and looking forward to when I can share all the details (especially for you upstate New Yorkers)!

We got new chickens. I should probably confess here that late last fall a predator, of unknown origin, took advantage of my mistake of an open coop door and killed my whole flock. I felt so bad that they died because of me. We cleaned up the bodies and most of the feathers and spent the winter wondering if we should get more. My son asked about every other day if it was spring and if we could get chickens so when the signs went up around town saying "chicks are here" we made our way down and got 8 new chickens, knowing we would probably end up with about 6. (we still have 8)

We got 2 speckled Sussex, 2 black sexlinks, 2 buff orpingtons and 2 Plymouth barred rocks. They all are supposed be bigger birds that love to lay eggs. Both kids have been busy watching them and trying there best to take care of them (i.e. not squish them to death). So far so good.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...