Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Ugly Chickens

Adolescent chickens are ugly. Period. End of story. Those soft cuddly chicks that poop everywhere have turned into awkward teenage chickens that poop everywhere.
 
So far all the chicks we brought home are still with us. I am anxiously awaiting when the coop will be put back together and our garage will be completely resided in beautiful cedar.

This is the very curious Plymouth Barred Rocks. They are a week older than the rest and about a third bigger.  We bought these because my dad is a big fan and they were in stock when we went. 

This is one of our Speckled Sussex chicks. They are quickly becoming my favorites of the bunch. I wasn't originally considering them but since this is what the store had and I read they are good layers I bought them.

This is one of the Black Sexlinks (or Black Stars). Definitely the ugliest of the ugly. Poor ugly things, hopefully they will have a winning personality.



Buff orpingtons. I think these are our friendliest. 


Looking forward to large amounts of fresh eggs with these ladies.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...