Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oliver + S Bubble Dress

I completed my first sewn dress from a real pattern! This is from Oliver + S and is their bubble dress. The pattern was easy to read only I only had to call for help once (or twice).
I bought the pattern from Mama Said Sew and since it was the most I have ever paid for a pattern I was grateful that my mom introduced me to some fabric-like tracing paper that will allow me to make the dress from ages 0-3 up to 18-24 months. I made the 12-18 month version.

Did I mention how in love I am with Mama Said Sew? Angela was super sweet and so helpful. The fabric selection was so modern and bold I wanted to buy it all. I already had two yards of the Alexander Henry's Koto at home and really, really need to start using what I already own before buying up more yummy fabric.

Unfortunately, my model is blissfully napping (hence the blog post) so I haven't had a chance to snap any pictures of her wearing it yet. I know it will be big but since she isn't crawling yet, I don't think that will be a problem.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...