Friday, March 19, 2010

Attempts at Making Toys

There was a time in the not so distant past where I could not crochet or knit anything that was not a square or a rectangle. I finally got over that block only to find that it has reared its ugly head again in my sewing projects. Today I tried to make these very simple birds from Spool Sewing.

The little one was my first attempt - it was a little easier once I enlarged the pattern but I am still having a hard time getting their faces to look like faces. I have this great Geisha material I want to use to make them for Easter but I don't want to waste it until I am satisfied with the finished toy.




On a side note - I also tried to make Wee Bunny today but he was such a disaster I couldn't even take a picture of him. I am hoping with enough perseverance I will eventually come to love my sewing machine, but for now we are more like office acquaintances.

I would love to know what your favorite softie pattern is - send me a link or the name of a book you love. I think I might give this bird a go tomorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...