Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweet Treats

We are going to the zoo tomorrow for one of Max's best friend's birthday. I thought it would be fun to make cupcake ice cream cones. My mom made these for me in preschool and I remember how excited I was to hand them out.

I usually overfill them when I make them but this time I just put in enough batter to fill the handle of the cone and it was perfect. I wasn't able to create the soft twist-look with the the frosting unless I wanted to use a TON so I opted for some sprinkles.

For the birthday treat I made lavender frosting and the rest I frosted in blue so Kevin could more manly cupcakes to work - as I write this I realize how funny that actually is - manly cupcakes with sprinkles.

I also figured out how to transport them but I will save that post for tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I always thought these were so cool, and loved when they arrived to school for someone's birthday. Nice job with them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...