Friday, January 7, 2011

Cocktails and Crafts - Embossed Cards

Last night my friends and I attempted to emboss cards and drink Brandy Alexanders. We were successful at the drink and did manage to produce some descent looking cards.

Brandy Alexander Recipe:
1 1/2 oz brandy
1 oz dark creme de cacao
1 oz half and half
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass.

I thought these tasted just like a White Russian and would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Be careful - they do go down easily!

My goal is to add the embossed card instructions to my Cocktails and Crafts book so I am not going to go into great detail here, but here is the gist:

Stamp card stock with ink, sprinkle with embossing powder and then hit it with the embossing gun. It is oddly satisfying to watch the powder transform to the glossy finish under the heat.

I hit this one a little too long with the heat gun but still liked the effect.
If you are looking for a quick craft to fit in during your kid's nap this is it!

This is how I found my son when everyone was getting ready to leave. He had snuck out of bed and was lying in front of his bedroom door with the blankets over his head.

1 comments:

Jayna said... Reply to comment

I love the simple look of these. Perfect for that last minute note I need to get in the mail. So easy, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...