So the Dollar Store Craft Challenge wasn't the smashing success I was hoping for but my friends and I still had a great time creating our own! After stalking the dollar store's aisle for about a half hour I decided on my craft only to have a better idea the next day and had to drive back for the new supplies.
I decided to make garden markers to indicate where all the new plants my mom and I planted last week were located.
All you need is:
- Craft sticks - $1
- Wood shapes (I used two packages) - $1 each
- Hot glue gun and glue - Had on-hand but normally run about $3
- Sharpie pen or paint - depending on how fancy you want to get - $1
- Mod podge and paint brush - Had on-hand
- Optional - Paint to color your markers (If I had more time I probably would have spray painted them before writing on them)
Step 1: Crack open your wooden sticks and shapes and attach them together with the hot glue.
Step 2: Using your Sharpie write the name of your plants on the wood shapes.
Step 3: Adorn with crayon or anything else you like. I had crayons handy so that is what I used.
Step 4: Coat each marker with mod podge and let dry.
Step 5: Place in dirt and take heart that you can now identify all your plants.