Friday, June 4, 2010

Cocktails and Crafts - Elephants on Parade



I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I think I am smarter than the machine but it is a tricky little thing... This week I tried to put my differences aside with my sewing machine and tackle the Heather Bailey pattern - Effie and Ollie the Elephant.
Heather Bailey pattern

This pattern requires very little fabric but a lot of patience with all those tight little curves.

The cocktail - the Cosmopolitian
1 oz vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz cranberry juice

Shake vodka, triple sec, lime and cranberry juice vigorously in a shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge on the rim, and serve.

Looks like we are set up for a round of dueling sewing machines! Our sewing sensei Jayna whipped her elephant up in about two minutes and spent the rest of her time helping the remedial sewers.


Sarah T. hard at work. She did an amazing job with her first pattern sewing project.


How cute are these! Mine is the blue polka dotted one. Looks like it is deep in thought with that scrunched brow.
Effie and Ollie the Elephant.Effie and Ollie the Elephant.

Heather Bailey pattern

We all finished the craft this week which is a huge accomplishment with 5 little kids running around. The rest of the afternoon was taken up by naked little ones running through the sprinkler.

As for me and my sewing machine I think we reached some sort of detente. I hope the peace lasts.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...