Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting Started

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
-Mark Twain

I am really good at big ideas, not so great on taking action on them. Now that I no longer have performance reviews, staff meetings or kaizens, I am no longer held accountable for my day-to-day activities. If the kids are alive at the end of the day I have done my job.

Well no more! (of the no action part, not the keeping the kids alive part) I have a goal now - to write a book. What you see here is the start of that, an empty journal. This is now my way of being held accountable - even if it is my pretend blogger boss.

Blank Journal

Each week I will set myself a goal and will let my boss know where I stand on my progress. This week's goal is to commit to the project, buy a journal and write the Table of Contents. I have finished two out of the three already and it is only Wednesday.

Oh, and in case you hadn't figured it out, the book will be about hosting your own Cocktails and Craft party. I want to say thank you to all those that I have floated this idea to (and the million ideas before) that have provided me with nothing less than 100% support. Thank you!

Now if you don't mind - I have some writing to do.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...