Monday, June 14, 2010

Spring Organizing

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A.A. Milne

Maybe I am procrastinating working on my book but I have a hard time focusing on a project when there is clutter around. After staring at them forever I finally tackled the bookshelves in the living room.

There isn't a huge difference but at least now when I sit in the living room I am not distracted by the chaos. You also can't see by these pictures but I was able to throw out a whole garbage bag worth of things I thought I needed but clearly could live without.

Before and After

No before picture for this - but trust me, it was bad.

My hubby built both bookcases - he is so talented. The smaller one is actually a hidden door to our utility room but you would never know it rolls out. You can't see it that well in these pictures but he also make the MAX toy box on the right.

Feeling good about the whole book shelf situation I then decided to take on the fridge. Again - it doesn't look like a huge change but the refrigerator is one of those places I hate when people come over and open it and I know it is a mess supporting multiple ecosystems in separate little containers.

I really dislike my refrigerator in case you were wondering. There isn't enough space in the drawers for fresh food. I guess that is what you get when you have to buy a fridge ASAP because the one at home full of food just shit the bed.

Before and After


Next - the closets...

1 comments:

Jayna said... Reply to comment

I only see 5 bottles of booze in your fridge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...