When I was in the third grade my mom tried to start a quilting club with my teacher and some other moms and kids. All I remember was the first, and possibly last meeting, where we learned about cutting out squares. So from my calculations it has been about 23ish years since that first quilting lesson that I actually have a finished quilt under my belt.
My mom makes beautiful quilts so the bar was set pretty high on this one. She helped me square it up and add the borders. Thanks to You Tube, I attempted mitered corners with some success.
No sleepy flowers or dull prints here. I used a baby animal embroidery sampler and also covered G's feet in fabric paint and tried to get her foot prints. After three attempts I picked the block that looked most foot-like and then outlined the paint with embroidery floss to emphasize that they are footprints.