Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Loot

Today I went to Denver to run a work errand with my husband and he surprised me by agreeing to go to Ikea when he was done. Originally I went to have about two hours of uninterrupted crocheting time while I worked on a new pattern, but when he said we were going there I felt like I had won the lottery.

The traffic and parking were pretty nuts which I guess is to be expected the first full weekend they were open. But we found parking pretty quickly and made our way to the store. The place was jam packed but not to the point to the point of claustrophobia. I was even able to run into a best friend.

Seeing as my husband is a carpenter, he isn't impressed with the furniture but even he admitted that the accessories were nice and even some of the furniture had improved since our last trip to an Ikea (10 years ago in New Jersey).


TITTA FOLK Finger puppets - $4.99 (for our upcoming airplane trip)

TITTA DJUR Finger puppets - $4.99

2 DIGNITET - Curtain wire, stainless steel - $12.99 (one is for a shower rod and the other is for a super awesome craft project for later) 

2 DIGNITET - Curtain ring with clip, stainless steel - $4.99 (to go with above) 

2 ORÄDD Plant pot, beige - $0.49 (fo' real)

2 Chocolate bars - one milk chocolate the other hazelnut. The hazelnut was to die for, wish I bought more of those suckers.

 Isn't this beautiful? A dear friend of mine gave me a basil plant that will soon live in here.
My original goal was to find cute photo props but with so many people in the store I had a hard time taking it all in and left with a couple things for around the house.

Here are the things I am thinking about getting, either for our house or to use as photo props.

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: ikea.com via Sarah on Pinterest

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...