Friday, July 1, 2011

Repurposed T-shirt Dress

A couple months ago I found this tutorial on how to turn an old t-shirt into a little girl dress and decided I wanted one for myself. I have these great double layered t-shirts that Target used to sell and even with a big ole stain on it I couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of it.
 

I love the pleat detail at the top of the skirt but wish it had a little more structure, maybe that is what interfacing is for???
At first I didn't want a big bow, but in hindsight I should have kept that since the belt I created doesn't fit as snugly as I like and was difficult to attach without a dress form or extra set of hands. Maybe if I find this dress sitting in my closed not being worn I will remove the belt and try the bow.

My husband says it "looks better than expected" and I learned how to put in a zipper (thanks once again Jayna)! Maybe one day I will actually use a pattern for myself, but I doubt it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...